Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stolen Moments

 I'm actually quite attached to this piece. I wrote in on a near-winter night in the dark with only a candle to illuminate the paper. It was pretty awesome to write by candle, it's somethign I don't do very often. So, anyways, enjoy! 


**************************

Careful moments
when I treat everything and everyone
          (even me)
with a gentle respect,
like a glass world
you shake to make it snow.

Stolen moments
of quiet thoughts
of poetry whispered in my head.

Reflecting moments
of candlelight
watching as my soft exhalation
causes great delight,
flames swirling and leaping
like a ballet dancer
on her toes.

Grayscale moments
when some godlike hand
reaches down
and lifts away the mask of busy sights
leaving me this beautiful
world
of only muted colors
and soft, natural sounds.

Beautiful moments
when the churning waves of insecurities
calm
and leave me to look
in the glass
and decide
who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment